[Python-Dev] Comparing PEP 576 and PEP 580

Petr Viktorin encukou at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 14:33:26 EDT 2018

On 07/05/18 13:59, Jeroen Demeyer wrote:
> On 2018-07-05 13:32, INADA Naoki wrote:
>> Core devs interested in this area is limited resource.
>
> I know and unfortunately there is nothing that I can do about that. It
> would be a pity that PEP 580 (or a variant like PEP 576) is not accepted
> simply because no core developer cares enough.

Hi,
I do care about this, and I'm really sorry I've been mostly silent here.
Unfortunately, this is the kind of work that can't be done with a few
hours in the evenings, and currently an urgent project is sucking up all
the big blocks of time I have :(
That project should be done in a month or two, however.