[Python-Dev] [python-committers] Time for 3.4.9 and 3.5.6

Ned Deily nad at python.org
Sun Jul 8 14:50:08 EDT 2018

On Jul 8, 2018, at 14:23, Julien Palard via Python-Dev <python-dev at python.org> wrote:
> [Larry]
>> 3.5 also got some doc-only changes related to the online "version switcher" dropdown.
>
> About this I have a question: the switchers for english version of 3.4 and 3.5 are disabled (https://docs.python.org/3.5/) but not disabled for translations (https://docs.python.org/fr/3.5/). I don't see any mention of dropping them in PEP 101, and I don't think it's a good thing (UX point of view).
>
> Should I re-enable version and language switchers on 3.5? I think so and I can do, just give me the go (or the argument/pointers on why it's disabled).

I'm not Larry but I believe the reason that the switchers are missing on the on-line versions of 3.4 and 3.5 docs is that we release managers manually build and update the doc sets for release branches that are in security-fix-only mode (and that have been taken out of the automatic docs-build script) and we're not clever enough to know to build them with the switchers enabled.  If we can document that in our release process, that would be cool.

--
  Ned Deily
  nad at python.org -- []