[Python-Dev] Let's change to C API!

Victor Stinner vstinner at redhat.com
Mon Jul 30 04:20:06 EDT 2018

The API leaking all implementation details will remain available as an
opt-in option for Cython, cffi and debug tools. But this API will only be
usable on the "slow" Python runtime, the one which keeps maximum backward
compatibility. To get new optimizations, you have to use Py_INCREF() and
avoid accessing C strucuture fields, which may or may not need to modify
your code.

Hum, please, join the capi-sig mailing list, since I already explained that
in my long reply to Stefan on capi-sig ;-)

Victor

https://mail.python.org/mailman/options/python-dev/vstinner%40redhat.com