[Python-Dev] [PEP 576/580] Comparing PEP 576 and 580

Jeroen Demeyer J.Demeyer at UGent.be
Tue Jul 31 09:35:28 EDT 2018

On 2018-07-31 12:10, INADA Naoki wrote:
> After spent several days to read PEP 580 and your implementation, I think
> I can implement it.  I think it's not easy, but it's not impossible too.

The signature of "extended_call_ptr" in PEP 576 is almost the same as
the signature of a CCALL_FUNCARG|CCALL_FASTCALL|CCALL_KEYWORDS function
in PEP 580 (the only difference is a "self" argument which can be
ignored if you don't need it).

So, if you can implement it using PEP 576, it's not a big step to
implement it using PEP 580.