[Python-Dev] Python and Linux Standard Base

Charalampos Stratakis cstratak at redhat.com
Wed Jun 27 09:57:03 EDT 2018

----- Original Message -----

That could definitely be the case here. I stumbled upon that when checking shebang requirements on Fedora
and apparently every distro has a sort of meta package that adheres to those standards. In Fedora's case [0].

I don't have a good answer on who maintains it or even how compliant some distros are, but I was wondering
if that topic came up beforehand and if any requirements were placed from either side.

[0] https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/redhat-lsb/blob/master/f/redhat-lsb.spec#_419

--
Regards,

Charalampos Stratakis