[Python-Dev] Python 3.7.0 is now available! (and so is 3.6.6)

Victor Stinner vstinner at redhat.com
Thu Jun 28 06:00:06 EDT 2018

Hi,

I updated my list of Python known vulnerabilities and the good news is
that Python 3.6.6 and 3.7.0 have no known vulnerability :-)

Python 3.7.0 comes with fixes for:

* CVE-2018-1000117: Buffer overflow vulnerability in os.symlink on Windows
* CVE-2018-1060: difflib and poplib catastrophic backtracking
* Expat 2.2.3 (ex: CVE-2017-11742)
* urllib FTP protocol stream injection
* update zlib to 1.2.11 (CVE-2016-9840, CVE-2016-9841, CVE-2016-9842,
CVE-2016-9843; only Windows and macOS are impacted)

More information at: http://python-security.readthedocs.io/vulnerabilities.html

Victor