[Python-Dev] [RELEASE] Python 2.7.15

Victor Stinner vstinner at redhat.com
Wed May 2 05:35:46 EDT 2018

Sadly, Python 2.7.15 still miss the implementation of the "PEP 546 --
Backport ssl.MemoryBIO and ssl.SSLObject to Python 2.7":
https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0546/

Last time I checked, the tests failed on Travis CI and I failed to
reproduce the issue:
https://bugs.python.org/issue22559

I expected Cory Benfield to jump into this issue since his "PEP 543 --
A Unified TLS API for Python" was my motivation for the PEP 546, but
it seems like he is busy and the TLS PEP doesn't move anymore :-(
https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0543/

Victor