[Python-Dev] Slow down...

Dan Stromberg drsalists at gmail.com
Sun May 6 21:30:23 EDT 2018

When I think of why Python is so far ahead of Perl in language design,
I think it's simply that Python is the result of cautious design, and
Perl is the result of exuberant design.

I think Python is in danger of becoming a large language - which isn't
a good thing.

A great language, like Scheme or Python or even C, is a language that
has a small, very useful core, and large _libraries_.

I'd very much like a live in a world where Jython and IronPython and
MicroPython and Cython and Pyjamas can all catch up and implement
Python 3.7, 3.8, and so forth.