[Python-Dev] 3.7.0rc1 deadline extended two days to 2018-05-23 AOE [Re: FINAL WEEK FOR 3.7.0 CHANGES!]

Ned Deily nad at python.org
Sun May 20 18:34:29 EDT 2018

We are going to extend for 48 hours the deadline for 3.7.0rc1, that is, until 2018-05-23 23:59 AOE.  While we have made tremendous progress towards the release candidate over the past week especially with the huge efforts at the PyCon US Sprints, we still have some important issues to resolve.  A stumbling block has been the increased instability in the test suite, primarily in test_asyncio, which has caused delays in merging PRs due to intermittent failures in CI test runs and which has caused widespread buildbot failures.  Another factor is that this weekend and Monday are public holidays in many countries, something I did not take into account when drawing up the schedule.  (Note that next weekend is a major public holiday in the USA.)  So let's plan on using the extra two days to work through the remaining release blockers.

Thanks again!
--Ned

--
  Ned Deily