[Python-Dev] PEP: 576 Title: Rationalize Built-in function classes

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Tue May 22 10:41:40 EDT 2018

On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 5:29 AM, Victor Stinner <vstinner at redhat.com> wrote:

> > The PEP can be viewed here:
> > https://github.com/python/peps/blob/master/pep-0576.rst
> > (...)
> > P.S.
> > I'm happy to have discussion of this PEP take place via GitHub,
> > rather than the mailing list, but I thought I would follow the
> conventional
> > route for now.
>
> Previously, we required to add the full text of the PEP inside the
> email to be able to reply inline by email.
>
> I know that Guido van Rossum started a discussion on python-commiters
> to propose to change how we discuss PEPs, but I don't think that any
> decision has been taken at this point, no?

That doesn't stop us from experimenting with the new flow. If it works, we
can adopt it officially. If it doesn't work, we can ask Mark to post a copy
to python-ideas (or -dev) for discussion later. ISTR there are plenty of
PEPs that never get posted to python-ideas because they are discussed on a
separate list.

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)