[Python-Dev] The history of PyXML

Oleg Broytman phd at phdru.name
Mon May 28 14:51:59 EDT 2018

On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 03:09:46PM +0300, Serhiy Storchaka <storchaka at gmail.com> wrote:
> 25.05.18 05:09, Jan Claeys пише:
> > On Thu, 2018-05-17 at 15:18 +0300, Serhiy Storchaka wrote:
> > > Does anyone has the full copy of the PyXML repository, with the
> > > complete history?
> > >
> > > This library was included in Python 2.1 as the xml package and is
> > > not maintained as a separate project since 2004. It's home on
> > > SourceForge was removed. I have found sources of the last PyXML
> > > version (0.8.4), but without history.
> > >

> > Did you try asking SourceForge if they still have a backup copy?
>
> No, I didn't. I first tried to ask whether any of active Python core
> developers were involved in developing of PyXML and kept some history. I
> even don't know whether PyXML used any VCS served by SourceForge, or just
> published tarballs.

   They had been using CVS:

https://web.archive.org/web/20151113082010/http://sourceforge.net/p/pyxml/code/

   CVS repo web viewer shows some subdirectories but it seems there is
no sources.

   I also failed to rsync from their CVS pserver and I doubt they have a
backup -- SF stopped supporting CVS long ago.

Oleg.
    Oleg Broytman            https://phdru.name/            phd at phdru.name