[Python-Dev] Get a running instance of the doc for a PR.

Ned Deily nad at python.org
Sun Nov 4 09:15:22 EST 2018

On Nov 4, 2018, at 08:38, Stephane Wirtel <stephane at wirtel.be> wrote:
> When we receive a PR about the documentation, I think that could be
> interesting if we could have a running instance of the doc on a sub
> domain of python.org.
>
> For example, pr-10000-doc.python.org or whatever, but by this way the
> reviewers could see the result online.

It's an interesting idea but I don't like essentially opening python.org as a publishing platform (OK, another publishing platform - yes, I know about wiki.python.org).  Considering how easy it is to build and view the docs yourself, I don't think the benefits of such a service are worth the added complexity and potential abuse.

cd Doc
make venv # first time
git pr checkout ...
make html
open build/html/index.html  # depending on platform and code change

--
  Ned Deily
  nad at python.org -- []