[Python-Dev] Get a running instance of the doc for a PR.

Stephane Wirtel stephane at wirtel.be
Sun Nov 4 10:25:25 EST 2018

On 11/04, Julien Palard wrote:
>Considering feedback from Ned, what about building this as an
>independent service? We don't really need to interface with python.org
>at all, we just need some hardware, a domain, some code to interface
>with github API and... to start it's probably enough? It would be a
>usefull POC.
+1

We have 2 options

1. We keep a domain (python.org, or another one) and for each build we would have a subdomain for
each build by PR.
doc-pr-XYZ.domain.tld

2. We could store on domain but with a subdirectory by PR
domain.tld/doc-pr-XYZ

In travis, I think we have the PR info, we could use it and upload to
the server for the live preview.

Once merged, we drop the temporary doc on the server.

Stéphane

--
Stéphane Wirtel - https://wirtel.be - @matrixise