[Python-Dev] General concerns about C API changes

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Tue Nov 13 23:40:48 EST 2018

To me, the "new C API" discussion and the "converting macros into
inline functions" discussions are very different, almost unrelated.
There are always lots of small C API changes happening, and AFAIK the
macros->inline changes fall into that category. It sounds like you
want to discuss whether inline functions are a good idea? Or are there
other changes happening that you're worried about? Or is there some
connection between inline functions and API breakage that I'm not
aware of? Your email touches on a lot of different topics and I'm
having trouble understanding how they fit together. (And I guess like
most people here, I'm not watching every commit to the master branch
so I may not even know what changes you're referring to.)