[Python-Dev] Inclusion of lz4 bindings in stdlib?

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 05:28:19 EST 2018

Hi,

I have for sometime maintained the Python bindings to the LZ4
compression library[0, 1]:

I am wondering if there is interest in having these bindings move to
the standard library to sit alongside the gzip, lzma etc bindings?
Obviously the code would need to be modified to fit the coding
guidelines etc.

I'm following the guidelines [2] and asking here first before
committing any work to this endeavour, but if folks think this would
be a useful addition, I would be willing to put in the hours to create
a PR and continued maintenance. Would welcome any thoughts.

Cheers,
Jonathan.

[0] https://github.com/python-lz4/python-lz4
[1] https://python-lz4.readthedocs.io/en/stable/