[Python-Dev] dear core-devs

Michael Felt aixtools at felt.demon.nl
Mon Oct 1 18:41:56 EDT 2018

Dear core-devs,

I have some bad characteristics.

I can be extremely enthusiastic - and write too much. I have been trying
to not write - anything - worried that my enthusiasm is not matched by
yours, or worse was a reason to ignore my work to get AIX passing all tests.

FYI: since the end of July I have dedicated 16 to 24 hours of my free
time to get this done. All for Python; all in my freetime. My employer
does not care - I do, or did.

I am grateful to Martin Panter - who helped me graciously when I knew
absolutely nothing when I first got started; Victor was kind enough to
answer some emails and help me along but also clear that he has zero
interest in AIX and my questions were taking too much of his time.
Regretfully for me.

Again - Victor - thank you for your time. I appreciated the assistance
and feedback.

(Others have helped from time to time, my apologies for not naming you
specifically.)

I am, to put it lightly, extremely frustrated, at this point.

I am sorry, for myself obviously - but also for Python. Obviously, I am
doing it all wrong - as I see lots of other issues being picked up
immediately.

All volunteers need some level of recognition to keep moving on.

And, while you may not give a damn about anything other than Windows,
macos and/or Linux - there are other platforms that would like a stable
Python.

Sincerely,

Michael