[Python-Dev] dear core-devs

Michael Felt aixtools at felt.demon.nl
Tue Oct 2 14:52:25 EDT 2018

On 10/2/2018 4:45 PM, Erik Bray wrote:
> Michael, if there are any PRs you want to point me to that I might be
> able to help review please do.
A little trick I learned:
https://github.com/python/cpython/pulls?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+author%3Aaixtools+sort%3Aupdated-desc
lists them all.

What "flipped my switch" yesterday was discovering a PR that I was
gifted (by an ex? core-dev) and put in the system back in January is now
broken by a patch merged about two weeks ago. Worse, pieces of
test_ctypes(bitfields) that previously worked when using __xlc__ seem to
be broken. Which highlighted the "time pressure" of getting tests to
pass so that regressions can be seen.

If you let me know what info you would need (I gave lots of debug info
two years ago to get that initial fix).

And, I guess the other "larger" change re: test_distutils. Also, some
issues specific to xlc being different from gcc.

Those two do not show on the gccfarm buildbot.

Many thanks for the offer! I'll try to not take more than the hand offered!