[Python-Dev] dear core-devs

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Oct 2 17:34:43 EDT 2018

On 10/2/2018 12:41 PM, Simon Cross wrote:
> Are there any core devs that Michael or Erik could collaborate with?
> Rather than rely on adhoc patch review from random core developers.

You two might collaborate with each other to the extent of reviewing
some of each other's PRs.  That still leaves the issue of merging.

> Michael and Eric: Question -- are you interested in becoming core
> developers at least for the purposes of maintaining these platforms in
> future?

Since adhoc is not working to get merges, I had this same suggestion.
Michael and Erik, I presume you have gotten some guidelines on what
modifications to C code might be accepted, and what concerns people have.

I think for tests, a separate test_aix.py might be a good idea for
aix-only tests, while modification of other tests might be limited to
adding skips.  The idea would be to make it easy to remove aix stuff in
the future if it again became unsupported.  Ditto for other specialized
platforms.

--
Terry Jan Reedy