[Python-Dev] Petr Viktorin as BDFL-Delegate for PEP 580

Jeroen Demeyer J.Demeyer at UGent.be
Thu Oct 4 02:29:41 EDT 2018

On 2018-10-03 23:27, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> IMO changes to the C API should be taken just as seriously -- the
> potential for breaking the world is just about the same (since most
> serious Python applications use C extensions that risk breaking).

Of course we are taking this seriously. I want this to be taken as
seriously as any other PEP and any other BDFL-Delegate appointment in
the past.

To be clear: I'm not trying to rush my PEP though. It has been discussed
and I have made changes to it based on comments. In fact, this is the
second PEP with the same subject, I withdrew the first one, PEP 575. At
some point in the past I asked one person to become BDFL-Delegate but he
did not answer. And now recently Petr Viktorin made some insightful
comments on it, so I asked him and he agreed.