[Python-Dev] Rename Include/internals/ to Include/pycore/

Michael Felt aixtools at felt.demon.nl
Mon Oct 29 16:40:32 EDT 2018

My short comment: +1

My longer comment: for someone who is not trying to be caught up in "internals" I find it extremely difficult to work with the "default" approach described below - trying to mentally understand, and remember what those macros mean/do as I got "bug-hunting".

Ultimately, have a clear-cut division between "public" and "internal" make it much much easier for "the rest of us" to know our boundaries and thereby develop code that is based on the "published" aka public API and not a (guess what I found) internal trick. Isn´t that why there is a "public" API to begin with.

Where, or how the separation is provided is not the key issue. But being committed to it is, and this sounds like a step towards commitment and clarity.