[Python-Dev] New Subscriber

Kevin Kowitski k.kowitski at icloud.com
Sat Sep 1 12:32:15 EDT 2018

Hey Everyone!

   I am new to this mailing list. I have experience with software development in the medical device industry and SaaS technology solutions. I have primarily worked with R, Java, and various unique and specific machine languages, but I have recently picked up Python.
   Part of what has brought me to this mailing list was my search for insights on Python’s usability as a shareable, executable, desktop application. I often make tools for streamlining my professional tasks and decided I wanted to give Python a try. I have read that there are some fantastic GUI libraries and development environments, but how practical is this language for distributing those programs in a nicely packaged exe?
    If there is anyone here with some insight I would love to start off my membership with a discussion and some knowledge sharing!

Best,
Kevin

Sent from my iPhone