[Python-Dev] 3.7.1 and 3.6.7 Releases Coming Soon

Ned Deily nad at python.org
Mon Sep 10 18:17:00 EDT 2018

I have updated the schedules for the next maintenance releases of Python 3.7.x and 3.6.x.  My original plan had been to get 3.7.1, the first 3.7 maintenance release, out by the end of July.  It was solely my fault that that did not happen so I hope you'll accept my apologies; I will try to not let it happen again.  I have now scheduled a 3.7.1 release candidate and rescheduled the 3.6.7 release candidate for 2018-09-18, about a week from today, and 3.7.1 final and 3.6.7 final for 2018-09-28.  That allows us to take advantage of fixes generated at the Core Developers sprint taking place this week.

Please review any open issues you are working on or are interested in and try to get them merged in to the 3.7 and/or 3.6 branches soon - by the beginning of next week at the latest.  As usual, if there are any issues you believe need to be addressed prior to these releases, please ensure there are open issues for them in the bug tracker (bugs.python.org) and that their priorities are set accordingly (e.g. "release blocker").

Thanks for your support!
--Ned

--
  Ned Deily