[Python-Dev] Documenting the private C API (was Re: Questions about signal handling.)

Yury Selivanov yselivanov.ml at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 11:15:55 EDT 2018

On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 10:04 AM Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:

> Is anybody else concerned about the proliferation of undocumented private C API functions?

I am concerned about that too.  In my opinion having all those
semi-private undocumented C API just contributes to the noise and
artificially inflates the grey area of C API that alternative
implementations *have to* support.

We already have a mechanism for private header files: the
"Include/internal/" directory. I think it should be mandatory to
always put private C API-like functions/structs there.

Yury