[Python-Dev] Use C extensions compiled in release mode on a Python compiled in debug mode

Victor Stinner vstinner at redhat.com
Sun Apr 28 04:53:25 EDT 2019

FYI I pushed my 3 changes to implement my idea. It is now possible to
install some extensions in release mode and some others in debug mode.
Python in debug mode prefers debug extensions. I documented changes here:
https://docs.python.org/dev/whatsnew/3.8.html#debug-build-uses-the-same-abi-as-release-build

The library filename has to be different in debug mode, so it can be
co-installable with release build of a C extension.

Victor

https://mail.python.org/mailman/options/python-dev/vstinner%40redhat.com