[Python-Dev] [RELEASE] Python 3.8.0a1 is now available for testing

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Mon Feb 4 13:14:41 EST 2019

On Feb 4, 2019, at 05:02, Stephane Wirtel <stephane at wirtel.be> wrote:

> Just one idea, we could create a Docker image with this alpha version.
>
> This Docker image could be used with the CI of the main projects and the
> test suites of these projects.
>
> If we have some issues, we should create an issue for python 3.8.0a1.

The time machine strikes again!

https://gitlab.com/python-devs/ci-images/tree/master

We call these “semi-official”!  The current image takes a slightly different approach, by including all the latest Python versions from 2.7, and 3.4-3.8, plus git head.  I just pushed an update for the latest Python 3.8 alpha and 3.7.2.  It’s building now, but the image should be published on quay.io as soon as that’s done.

Contributions most welcome!

-Barry