[Python-Dev] bpo-32972: Add unittest.AsyncioTestCase review (for 3.8?)

David Shawley daveshawley at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 07:05:05 EST 2019

Hi everyone, I added a PR to add a sub-class of unittest.TestCase that makes it possible to write async test methods.  I wrote this a few months ago and it is waiting on core review.  Is there a core dev that can take up this review?  I would love to have this functionality in the core.

Lukasz - should we add this to Python 3.8 or is it too late for feature additions?

BPO link: https://bugs.python.org/issue32972 <https://bugs.python.org/issue32972>
Github PR: https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/10296 <https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/10296>

cheers, dave.
--
"State and behavior. State and behavior. If it doesn’t bundle state and behavior in a sensible way, it should not be an object, and there should not be a class that produces it." eevee