[Python-Dev] find_library and issue21622

Victor Stinner vstinner at redhat.com
Mon Feb 11 06:18:45 EST 2019

Hi,

Would you mind to elaborate "some issues trying to deploy in an alpine
container"? What are you trying to do? What is the error message?

Some more context:

* https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/10460 "bpo-21622: ctypes.util
find_library walk LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
* https://bugs.python.org/issue21622 reported in 2014: "ctypes.util
incorrectly fails for libraries without DT_SONAME"

Victor