[Python-Dev] Making PyInterpreterState an opaque type

Jeroen Demeyer J.Demeyer at UGent.be
Tue Feb 19 05:17:43 EST 2019

On 2019-02-19 04:04, Steve Dower wrote:
> Otherwise, the
> internal memory layout becomes part of the public ABI

Of course, the ABI (not API) depends on the internal memory layout. Why
is this considered a problem? If you want a fixed ABI, use API level (1)
from my last post. If you want a fixed API but not ABI, use level (2).
If you really want stuff to be broken at any time, use (3) or (4). This
is why I don't see the need to make a difference between (3) and (4):
neither of them makes any guarantees about stability.