[Python-Dev] buildbottest on Android emulator with docker

Xavier de Gaye xdegaye at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 04:38:02 EST 2019

> Timeout (360 seconds) reached; failed to start emulator
> ---> Device ready.
> ---> Install Python on the emulator.
> /home/pydev/build/python-native/python -B /home/pydev/abifa/Android/tools/install.py
> error: device 'emulator-5556' not found

I can reproduce this error after removing the kvm kernel modules (I am on ArchLinux and ArchLinux kernels provide the required kernel modules to support KVM virtualization).  So my fault, forgot to explain that kvm is required to run this docker image, kvm is not required though when the docker image is built for other architectures (non x86_64), but it is very very slow then.

To fix the problem one must install the Linux distribution packages that provide KVM virtualization.  Whatever the Linux distribution it may also be necessary to enable virtualization support in the BIOS.

I will enter an issue and update the documentation at https://gitlab.com/xdegaye/abifa.

Thanks Stephane for the report.

Xavier