[Python-Dev] Possible performance regression

Raymond Hettinger raymond.hettinger at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 12:31:32 EST 2019

> On Feb 25, 2019, at 2:54 AM, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
>
> Have you tried bisecting to find out the offending changeset, if there
> any?

I got it down to two checkins before running out of time:

Between
    git checkout 463572c8beb59fd9d6850440af48a5c5f4c0c0c9

And:
    git checkout 3b0abb019662e42070f1d6f7e74440afb1808f03

So the subinterpreter patch was likely the trigger.

I can reproduce it over and over again on Clang, but not for a GCC-8 build, so it is compiler specific (and possibly macOS specific).

Will look at it more after work this evening.  I posted here to try to solicit independent confirmation.

Raymond