[Python-Dev] Announcing: signups are open for the 2019 Python Language Summit

Łukasz Langa lukasz at langa.pl
Wed Feb 27 08:22:51 EST 2019

The Python Language Summit is an event for the developers of Python
implementations (CPython, PyPy, Jython, and so on) to share information,
discuss our shared problems, and — hopefully — solve them.

These issues might be related to the language itself, the standard
library, the development process, status of Python 3.8 (or plans for
3.9), the documentation, packaging, the website, et cetera. The Summit
focuses on discussion more than on presentations.

If you’d like to attend **and actively participate** in the discussions
during the Language Summit, please fill in this form by March 21st 2019:

https://goo.gl/forms/pexfOGDjpV0BWMer2

We will be evaluating all applications and confirm your attendance by
April 15th. Note: **your attendance is not confirmed** until you heard
back from us.  You don't need to be registered for PyCon in order to
attend the summit.

One of the goals of the Language Summit is to speed up the discussions
and decision making process. Communication over Discourse (or mailing
lists!) is generally more time consuming. As part of efforts to make
this event more open and less mysterious, we are not requiring
invitations by core developers anymore.

However, please understand that we will have to be selective as space
and time are limited. In particular, we are prioritizing active core
contributors, as well as those who we believe will be able to improve
the quality of the discussions at the event and bring a more diverse
perspective to core Python developers.

As for other changes this year, A. Jesse Jiryu Davis will be covering
the event and will post a detailed write up on the official blog of the
PSF shortly after the conference.

We hope to see you at the Summit!
- Mariatta and Łukasz

PS. If you have any questions, the Users section of our Discourse
instance (https://discuss.python.org/c/users) is the best place to ask.
For private communication, write to mariatta at python.org and/or
lukasz at python.org.