[Python-Dev] Interested in serving on Steering Council

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 07:39:46 EST 2019

On Sat, 5 Jan 2019 at 06:28, David Mertz <mertz at gnosis.cx> wrote:
> It is interesting to me that whereas when I started volunteering for the PSF, there was significant overlap between the PSF board and the core-committers, I think there is little or no overlap today.  For better or worse, PSF is much more community than technical today.

(tangent) For those that are curious, I went and looked this up [1],
and the current PSF board has 2 of 11 members being core devs, whereas
the early days of the board look like they had a ratio that was more
often on the order of 4-6 core devs out of 7 members.

I take that as a sign of healthy community growth :)

Cheers,
Nick.

[1]  https://www.python.org/psf/records/board/history/