[Python-Dev] pickle5 backport updated

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 06:08:29 EST 2019

On Wed, 16 Jan 2019 at 20:38, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Jan 2019 11:25:04 +0100
> Victor Stinner <vstinner at redhat.com> wrote:
> > I see that the PEP is still a draft. What's the status?
>
> PEP 574 is ready for pronouncement.  It's waiting for an authority to
> approve it (or decide on a PEP delegate, who IMHO should probably
> be Nick Coghlan).

Aye, and I had already taken on that role unofficially - IIRC, the
only major change I requested was the one to allow buffer handling
callbacks to ask the pickler to include the buffer in-line after all
[1].

It was just that the BDFL-Delegate appointment process was put on hold
after Guido stepped down.

Cheers,
Nick.

[1] https://github.com/python/peps/commit/1ed3043948527893f277d6451a315a05bde123ec#diff-4576f13d94059bcccb9205ad5005f96c