[Python-Dev] PEP 581: Using GitHub Issues for CPython

Mariatta mariatta at python.org
Thu Mar 7 17:36:11 EST 2019

On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 2:02 PM Skip Montanaro <skip.montanaro at gmail.com>
wrote:

>  I think it would be worthwhile to mention a couple
> reasons, when the decision was made to use Roundup, etc. Without it, a
> casual reader might think the core devs made a horrible mistake way
> back when, and are only now getting around to correcting it.

I was not involved in core Python development back then, so if it is really
important and if people think such paragraph needs to be part of the PEP,
then perhaps someone else more knowledgeable will need to help with this.

Personally, I don't think it was a horrible mistake. I believe the core
devs back then carefully considered all options and decided that
bpo/roundup was the way to go. And I really don't want to give that
impression to the readers of this PEP that "I" or "core devs" now think it
was a horrible mistake. If there is specific parts of the PEP that gives
people that impression, then I'd definitely want to work and improve that.

ᐧ