[Python-Dev] PEP 12 updated with templates for header fields and sections

Victor Stinner vstinner at redhat.com
Fri Mar 8 03:29:34 EST 2019

Hi Brett,

I like to see discussions where a PEP has been disccussed. There is
the "Post History" just gives dates. The problem is that PEPs are
discussed on 3 mailing lists: python-ideas, python-dev and
python-committers. Maybe some PEP are now also discussed on
discuss.python.org.

Do you have any recommendation to referer to these discussions?

I would like to suggest to add URLs to the first messages of all
threads about a PEP... Well... I know that for PEP 572, this list
would be hard to create and maybe not really useful. Maybe not add
links to *all* threads, but only the most actives or most "useful"
threads? The PEP author would be free to decide which threads are
important or not ;-)

The status quo (Post History header) is fine, if I really want to find
these discussions, I'm able to find them from dates :-)

Victor