[Python-Dev] Testing cross-compiled python (windows arm32) from build bot

Kuhl, Brian brian.kuhl at windriver.com
Mon Mar 18 20:15:45 EDT 2019

We (Wind River) are doing it for VxWorks, which is also cross-compiled, and has no concept of chroot you see in Linux.
The trick is to insert a little switch from local to a remote shell between the build and the test run via ssh (or telnet).
Don't think we gotten anywhere near upstreaming that little change though?
CPython's buildbot is actually easier than most to open source test suites to adapt to cross compile, because everything is run in python after the build, so you only have to make one switch in context.

 Brian