[Python-Dev] What is the workflow for announcing tier 2 platform support?

Xin, Peixing Peixing.Xin at windriver.com
Mon Mar 18 22:54:29 EDT 2019

Hi, Experts:

VxWorks RTOS will release a new version at the end of June. For this new version, we(Wind River) plan to announce the Python support officially here (https://www.python.org/download/other/) for VxWorks as tier 2 platform. Now my 2 questions come:

1.       To be qualified as tier 2 platform here https://www.python.org/download/other/, do I need to get all test cases pass on VxWorks RTOS? Now we have the following PRs for VxWorks. With these PRs merged, we can get around 70% test cases PASS.
[cid:image003.png at 01D4DE3F.A336F1E0]

2.       If we reach the announcement level, what is the workflow to update the website statements here https://www.python.org/download/other/. The following picture shows what we want to show.

[cid:image002.png at 01D4DE42.1EB0FB70]

Thanks,