[Python-Dev] Removing PendingDeprecationWarning

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 11:45:15 EDT 2019

On Wed, 27 Mar 2019 at 15:29, Steve Dower <steve.dower at python.org> wrote:
> If someone can show that either no third-parties are using it, or all
> those that do will probably never explicitly support Python 3.8 or
> later, or all those that do would prefer to stop using it, then I'll
> happily change my mind here. But right now, it seems like deprecating it
> will cause an unknown amount of churn for minimal benefit.

FWIW, https://searchcode.com/?q=PendingDeprecationWarning&lan=19 says
there are about 6.786 results. I haven't looked extensively, but
Django seems to be in there. The msgpack library that is vendored by
pip (ironically, maintained by INADA-San) also uses it in one place.

Personally, I don't think deprecation is worth the disruption.
Paul