[Python-Dev] "if __name__ == '__main__'" at the bottom of python unittest files

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Wed May 1 08:37:01 EDT 2019

I agree - removing this just to make the coverage figures look pretty
seems like the wrong motivation.

Configuring coverage to understand that you want to exclude these
lines from the checking would be fine, as would accepting that a
coverage of slightly less than 100% is OK. Removing functionality that
people use (whether or not they have other ways of getting the same
results) needs a stronger justification, IMO.

Paul