[Python-Dev] Location of CI for Windows Embeddable Distro

Gerald Wiltse jerrywiltse at gmail.com
Wed May 1 13:05:36 EDT 2019

That does help, thanks so much for the fast response!  I now see how it's
executed on Azure pipelines also, so that should be enough for me to
reverse engineer the rest.

Followup questions if you have time:
1. It seems that directory doesn't exist in the 3.6 branches/tags, so it
must have been done a different way back then.  Do you think it's
back-portable to 3.6?
2. One of our objectives is to effectively create a nearly identical
embeddable package for linux. Do you think the layout code is generic
enough to be modified to create a linux equivalent?

Obviously, there are many alternative methods and documents for creating
"embeddable" pythons on linux, but the windows package has all the
characteristics we want, and of course we'd like our Windows and Linux
process build and packaging processes to be as similar as possible, so it
seems attractive to try to port this layout script to linux.

Gerald R. Wiltse
jerrywiltse at gmail.com