[Python-Dev] Redoing failed PR checks

Ivan Pozdeev vano at mail.mipt.ru
Wed May 8 16:15:02 EDT 2019

On 08.05.2019 22:47, Terry Reedy wrote:
> On 5/8/2019 10:23 AM, Eric V. Smith wrote:
>> I think you can close and reopen the PR. That’s what I’m trying on my blocked PR.
>
> That works but reruns all the CI checks, including the ones already passed.  Some bots allow individual reruns, but it is not as clear as
> it should be.

I think rerunning PR checks is intentionally blocked to prevent submitters from silently smuggling unreliable code in.

Whatever the case, you can make an empty commit with `git commit --allow-empty`
(credit goes to https://coderwall.com/p/vkdekq/git-commit-allow-empty).

This will rerun things, but all the failures will be visible in the PR.

--
Regards,
Ivan