[Python-Dev] PEP 581 (Using GitHub issues for CPython) is accepted

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed May 15 03:40:58 EDT 2019

As a mere user I'd like to thank the developer team for biting this bullet.
Remembering the transition to Git I am sure that the further
democratisation (?) of the development process will similarly increase the
diversity and scope of the development effort.

It will indeed be a significant effort to effect this migration. While it's
inevitable this will involve significant dev time, perhaps there roles can
be identified specifically as to be filled by _other_ than core devs.