[Python-Dev] Adding a toml module to the standard lib?

Victor Stinner vstinner at redhat.com
Wed May 15 08:39:49 EDT 2019

H Bastian,

IMHO we should wait until the format reach version 1.0, since the
stdlib has a slow release cycle (one release every 18 months). Too
slow for a "fast moving" standard.

In the meanwhile, I'm sure setuptools and pip will manage to install a
toml parser/generator for their needs, as they already do :-)

Victor