[Python-Dev] bpo-36829: Add sys.unraisablehook()

Petr Viktorin encukou at gmail.com
Thu May 16 14:58:33 EDT 2019

On 5/16/19 3:23 AM, Victor Stinner wrote:
[...]
> I modified my API to create an object to pack arguments. The new API
> becomes sys.unraisablehook(unraisable) where unraisable has 4 fields:
> exc_type, exc_value, exc_tb, obj.
[...]
I always thought the classic (exc_type, exc_value, exc_tb) triple is a
holdover from older Python versions, and all the information is now in
the exception instance.
Is the triple ever different from (type(exc), exc, exc.__traceback__)?
(possibly with a getattr for __traceback__)
Should new APIs use it?