[Python-Dev] [python-committers] PEP 581 (Using GitHub issues for CPython) is accepted

Senthil Kumaran senthil at uthcode.com
Sat May 18 05:12:51 EDT 2019

On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 6:44 PM Ezio Melotti <ezio.melotti at gmail.com> wrote:

> I share the same concerns:

1) the PEP contains several factual errors.  I pointed this out during
> the core-sprints last year and more recently Berker pointed out some
> on GitHub: https://github.com/python/peps/pull/1013 ;
> 4) Berker is/was writing a competing PEP, in order to address the
> problems of PEP 581 more effectively since his comments on GitHub
> haven't been addressed;

This concerns me a bit. The PEP/announcement acknowledges the work Ezio and
Berker. However, it does not express if the PEP had addressed their review
comments or had the current maintainers on-board with the proposal. I was
of the assumption that if the current maintainers (/domain experts) were
on-board, then it will be easier for the rest of us to adopt the new
changes.