[Python-Dev] Python in next Windows 10 update

Steve Dower steve.dower at python.org
Wed May 22 16:52:37 EDT 2019

On 22May2019 1309, Ivan Pozdeev via Python-Dev wrote:
> As someone whose job is to diagnose and fix problems with running software:
> Are there patches in your release? Do you provide corresponding sources
> and debug symbols for it?

You can find the sources at https://github.com/python/cpython :)

I'm working on getting debug symbols packaged for the next release, but
once I do that they'll be exactly the same binaries as in the
traditional installer on python.org. (Right now they are two separate
builds of the same source.)

The package on the Store is not a Microsoft build or release of Python -
it's published by whoever the Windows build manager is at the time. Just
to be confusing, it's me right now, but the actual install is not owned
or managed by Microsoft - just endorsed and linked.

Cheers,
Steve