[Python-Dev] PEP 558: Defined semantics for locals()

Steve Dower steve.dower at python.org
Thu May 23 11:26:56 EDT 2019

On 23May2019 0636, Nick Coghlan wrote:
> However, I think the PR does show that the proposed technique can be
> implemented without too much additional code complexity, and will
> hopefully be adaptable for all implementations that emulate the frame
> API at all.

Much excitement!

One of the things I like best about this change is that it actually
makes it *easier* for alternative implementations to use a simpler frame
object without having to emulate CPython semantics (I'd love to get to a
place where bug-for-bug compatibility wasn't required, but this is where
we are right now so *shrug*).

Cheers,
Steve