[Python-Dev] PEP 594 -- Bundling libraries?

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Fri May 24 15:19:29 EDT 2019

On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 12:20 AM Inada Naoki <songofacandy at gmail.com> wrote:

> When removing libraries from stdlib, can we bundle
> removed libraries and install it like ensurepip does?

I think that would require people picking those modules up and maintaining
them. But even then I don't know how easy it would be to communicate that
those modules are no longer under our care and so please report bugs and
feature requests to that module's own repository before they open an issue
on bpo.

-Brett