[python-events] Addition of sponsored event to Python events page

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Thu Mar 15 04:17:37 EDT 2018

On 15.03.2018 01:24, Sergey Sokolov wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I was gonna add this one, but I kinda doubt if it should go to Events Calendar or to User Group Calendar. It’s a workshop, but it’s two days long. What’s the common approach here?

It's borderline in terms of the number of attendees, but I'd
still add it to the events, since in that field, conferences
are often called workshops and it will attract international
attendees.

Note: Where we add these events also has a bit to do with
marketing Python itself, so in this case I'd add it to the
events, since we want to show that Python is strong in
science.

BTW: For Django Girls workshops I always add them to the
user groups, since their scope is much more local, but
to given them more visibility, I add them as full day
event.

Thanks.