[python-hpc] MCM

Lucio Nardelli lucio at fceia.unr.edu.ar
Thu Nov 19 12:52:52 EST 2015

Hello everyone!

it's been a few days now that I'm stuck with a problem. It might be silly
for some but I haven't been able to crack it down.

My problem can be issued as the known problem of finding the Minimum Convex
Hull (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convex_hull) given a set of points in a
dimension (usually) bigger than 3.

In particular, the points corresponds to N^n (natural numbers in dimension
n) and I would like to compute de Hilbert's base (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hilbert_basis_%28linear_programming%29), i.e.
every coefficient of the half spaces conforming the hull must live in N.

At the moment, I'm using Pyhull (http://pythonhosted.org/pyhull/).
The problem is that (in the top of dimension limitations which I can live
with), it only computes a Hull in R^n (i.e. the coefficients of the half
spaces live in R but N).

Is anyone aware of another tool to compute the MCM that can be used in the
way that I need?

Thanks in advance, any help will be appreciated!

Lucio.-